Tonight is the last new Lost episode before the series finale, Sunday. I can guarantee two things: tears and more questions. We are having a Lost finale party that is doubling as our farewell party on Sunday. We figured if we have to say so many goodbyes we might as well say them all at once. If only I could give Sawyer a farewell hug.
Since I am not allowing myself to dwell on the real life goodbyes we must make, otherwise I’d be a pile of blubbering mush all week, I will recount some favorite moments in the Lost universe. Because I am limited to ten, I can’t say these are all my favorites, but it’s a start.
1. Charlie bringing Claire ‘peanut butter’ to share
2. Hurley finally getting to kiss Libby
3. Desmond and Penny reunited first by consciousness jumping, then by boat
4. Jack embracing faith
5. Sawyer sacrificing himself for the other 6 and jumping from the helicopter
6. Hurley saving the day in the Dharma van
7. The Losties playing golf
8. As sad as it is, Charlie’s death and “Not Penny’s Boat”
9. Sawyer bringing Juliette flowers in Dharmaville, and the genuine I love you’s exchanged
10. The first hopeful attempt to leave on the raft with Sawyer, Jin, Michael, and Walt
Again, these are only a few moments to treasure. Maybe I’ll do a top ten favorites from each season soon. Hope you enjoy the show!