I love my slow cookers (yep, 2). I love them, and I don’t know why I don’t use them more. I’ve been finding more and more recipes on Pinterest though that are causing me to warm those babies up more often.
Just the other day the hubs went shopping (Yes, he shops,) and he bought a large package of frozen chicken breasts. I wasn’t too pumped. To be honest, the only way I like frozen chicken is if it is cooked in the slow cooker. I know I am weird, and I am ok with this fact. Well, I went through my Yummy board on Pinterest and wasn’t coming up with enough slow cooker chicken options, and I wanted BBQ.
I decided that shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches is what I wanted, and I figured I could improvise. Here is what I came up with.
Slow Cooker BBQ Shredded Chicken
4-6 medium or large frozen chicken breasts
At least 12 oz. BBQ sauce of choice (I LOVE Sweet Baby Ray’s)
3-4 Tablespoons A-1 steak sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup cola (I used Pepsi)
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder
- In small bowl combine BBQ sauce, A-1 sauce, lemon juice and stir till blended.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to taste. Stir in well.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and pour in the 1/2 cup cola.
- Pour BBQ sauce mixture over chicken breasts, covering as much as possible.
- Turn on low for 6-8 hours. I checked mine a few times and stirred (flipped chicken), but not a necessary step)
- Chicken is done when it can be shredded easily with a fork. Shred and stir in sauce well.
- Place on bun of choice and enjoy!
Ready to get that slow cooker out again!